Happy weekend, Sisters! Here in America, it’s 4th of July weekend! The weekend is filled with fireworks, the beach, lake or pool, hotdogs, hamburgers, and usually, apple pie. But being an IBS Sister, we can’t indulge in apple pie on the low-fodmap diet. So today, I decided to make an IBS friendly banana nut bread to take on our holiday beach trip!
HOW TO DO:
1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
1/3 cup of coconut sugar
6 tablespoons of egg whites (1/2 cup of applesauce for 100% dairy free)
1 cup of mashed bananas (for low-fodmap, do NOT use ripe bananas like you usually would with banana bread/pudding. It will be a little harder to mash but your tummy will thank you 🙂 2-2 1/2 bananas)
1/2 cup of almond milk
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon of himalayan sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (extra to sprinkle on top)
1 3/4 cups of gluten free/coconut flour
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and grease a 9X5-inch pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the coconut oil and coconut sugar. Add the eggs and beat, mix in milk and mashed bananas. Add in the flour.
3. Add in baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to blend.
4. Fold in the walnuts.
5. Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and top with cinnamon.
6. Bake for approximately 55 minutes.
7. Cool the bread before cutting. Enjoy!
Have a fun and safe holiday weekend, Sisters! Muahhhh!
XOXO, IBS Sister
Recipe adapted from Cookie & Kate
Happy Saturday, Sisters! I am headed to the mountains for a horse jumping show with Olympic level riders! It was my cousin’s birthday last week, and we’re…